House Avarasai
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

of Wyrmrest Accord

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Approved] Application for Sethrien Ari'kel - Advisor Rank

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sethrien

[Approved] Application for Sethrien Ari'kel - Advisor Rank Empty
PostSubject: [Approved] Application for Sethrien Ari'kel - Advisor Rank   [Approved] Application for Sethrien Ari'kel - Advisor Rank I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 7:41 pm

OOC Application

Player Information

Name: Andy

How long have you played World of Warcraft? About 3 years

What are the characters, classes, and servers you play on?
Sethrien – Priest -Wyrmrest
Aevan – Paladin – Wyrmrest

How much experience do you have with PvP?
I’ve dabbled in battlegrounds in order to gear my characters and have only recently experienced arenas.

How much experience do you have with RP, both in game and outside of it?
I started RPing about seven years ago on forums and over instant messenger. I began to RP in game practically as soon as I started playing WoW.

What is your favorite part of lore?
I really enjoy anything to do with the Sin’dorei! It’s why playing as a Blood Elf is so much fun. I also like the Aspects, especially the Red and Blue dragon flights.

What is your least favorite part of lore?
Draenai lore had always been very odd to me, and I’m not very excited about Pandas…

What does 'godmodding' mean to you? Is there ever a situation where godmodding would be permissible?
Godmodding is purposely overpowering your character so that you as a player can control the outcome of RP. It’s not okay because forcing the reaction of someone else’s character is not fun for the other player. The only time it is ever okay is when it’s being used as a device to further story and the other player is aware of your plans and has given permission for something to happen.

What does 'metagaming' mean to you? Is there ever a situation where metagaming would be permissible?
Metagaming is using OOC knowledge to gain the upper hand IC. If suddenly your character ‘just knows’ something without finding it out IC, it’s metagaming. It’s both annoying and unfair if sprung up in RP. The only time,once again, it is ever okay is when it is used a device for story and others are okay with it. Even then it’s always better to find a way to gain information IC.

What do you expect from our guild?
A drama free environment to engage in story with other members.

Character Information

Name: Sethrien Ari’kel

Race: Sin’dorei

Brief Physical Description:

Standing at an average height with a slim build, this priest is far from extraordinary. Sethrien usually sports a calculating stare and an amused grin. Copper locks are meticulously kept at his shoulders, with a matching goatee covering his pointed chin.
Sethrien speaks in a low baritone, which can come of as sharp with how blunt his statements can be. When in situations that require him to act properly for his station, he looks very stiff. On his right hand is a ring, bearing the crest of his noble house, and around his neck is a silver chain that is very often tucked into his clothes.
In the rare instances he does not wear a high neck, an old burn can be seen trailing all the way down to his collar bone and further.

Brief History:

Sethrien grew up very shy, constantly hiding away in his room and barely speaking. It wasn’t until he was assigned a mentor that he began to discover how to open up. Once he started he never stopped.
His teacher was meant to show him the ways of the Light and healing, but when a young Seth began to show interest in a darker form of magic, his teacher complied to teaching (with the help of his younger sister).
The Invasion killed both his mother and his mentor, leaving Sethrien at a bit of a loss. He slipped out of the public eye for a few years afterwards. Sethirien has only recently integrated back into society, having busied himself with travel and archeological digs to pass the time.
Back to top Go down

[Approved] Application for Sethrien Ari'kel - Advisor Rank
Page 1 of 1